Submitted by Tom Ludwig, RN, FACMPE
WMGMA ACMPE Forum Rep
Congratulations to the two newest Certified Medical Practice Executives from Wisconsin!
- Audrey Nelson, CMPE (Madison)
- Sam Santschi, CMPE (Sauk City)
ACMPE 2019 Program Enhancements – Bachelor’s Degree Requirement
For Nominees pursuing Certification
If you do NOT hold a bachelor’s degree or have 120 college credit hours by Dec. 31,2018 you will need to:
- Complete and pass both examinations by the Dec. 1-15 exam cycle.
- Log all 50 hours of continuing education (CE) hours under the current CE requirements, starting 30 days prior to their acceptance date. If your exams are passed, you will receive a 6 months extension to complete your 50 hours by June 31, 2019 under the 2019 continuing education requirements.
If you have a bachelor’s degree, 120 college credits or are currently in the process of completing their degree, you will remain as a nominee and will need to begin working toward the following starting on Jan. 1, 2019:
- Earn your CMPE credential within three years. If accepted before Jan. 1, 2019, you will have until Dec. 31, 2021 to complete the program.
- Log 50 hours of CE credit under the new 2019 CE requirements.
For CMPEs pursuing Fellowship
If you do NOT hold a bachelor’s degree by Dec. 31, 2018 you will need to:
- Receive approval on a business plan proposal or paper outline AND submit a final business plan or manuscript by Dec. 31, 2018.
If you have a bachelor’s degree AND seven years of healthcare management AND two years in a leadership role; OR if you have a master’s degree with five years management, AND two years in a leadership role, you will need to begin work on the following starting Jan. 1, 2019:
- Complete Fellowship within two years of your application date. If accepted before Jan. 1, 2019, you will have until Dec. 31, 2020 to complete.
- If you have a paper outline submitted and accepted prior to Jan. 1, 2019, you may continue working on your paper manuscript up until two years from your outline approval date. Starting in 2019, business plan submissions will be the only acceptable submission if no outline is previously accepted.
- Log 50 hours of continuing education (CE) every three years following the new 2019 CE requirements. These CE requirements also apply to maintain your current CMPE credential in 2019.
MGMA- ACMPE Membership Incentives
Purchase MGMA membership plus the board certification application in one bundle and SAVE $50! Contact the national office at 877.275.6462 for details.
MGMA Website Updates (MGMA.org)
- The ACMPE claiming of continuing education has been launched under “Account Management”. New features will continue to be added including export and transcript details.
- Information on Board Certification and Fellowship can be found under “Career Pathways”. This includes eligibility requirements and examination registration and administration dates.
For more information about ACMPE Certification and Fellowship, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.