WMGMA 2022 Spring Conference
Wednesday, May 19, 2022
General Session One - Finding an Extra Hour Every Day
In this popular quick-hitting program on “finding an extra hour of productivity” every day, Randy Dean, MBA, the “Totally Obsessed” Time Management/E-mail Guy uses humor and high energy as he goes into many of the most common areas of productivity loss (and possible gain!) afflicting many busy professionals today: managing multiple projects, maintaining “traction” when dealing with tasks and interruptions, managing your e-mails more efficiently, clearing the clutter in your mind for better focus and attention, keeping staff on task, tracking “who owes you what” and getting that information on time, and better managing your calendar and contacts for better time and relationship management. His goal is to help stressed out performers learn several new and immediately useful strategies for finding a few minutes on tasks, activities, and actions you are already doing, leading to at least an extra hour of productivity every day, as well as a better way to start and manage your day so more time is devoted to your key projects, clients, and activities with less distraction.
- Have a strategy for more effectively dealing with unexpected interruptions
- Know how to build a project-based, prioritized daily task list
- Keep up with the people that "owe you something", to help avoid unneessary urgency & missed deadlines
- Use popular functions in your calendar to schedule and meet commitments
- "De-clutter" your brain by moving "all of those lists" out of your head into a better place
- Have a better way to both start and "work" your day so you are more focused, more prioritiezed, and less distracted.
- For Outlook users, this program will also potentially provide tips and techniques for using all five of the key Outlook functions: E-mail, Claendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes
- Gmail/Google tips can also be incorporated if you have an audience of mixed users.
Randall Dean, MBA
Full Member, National Speakers Association
The E-mail Sanity Expert®,
President, Randall Dean Consulting & Training, LLC
General Session Two - Taming the E-Mail Best
Is your e-mail a “beast”? Does it take up too much time, cause distraction, and actually get in the way of productivity vs. helping with productivity? Without a system for “controlling the beast”, professionals spend much of their work (and personal) time spinning wheels and feeling highly unsatisfied. If you would like to get control of your e-mail “beast”, you should attend this program led by Randy Dean, MBA, author of the Amazon bestseller, Taming the E-mail Beast. Randy shares strategies for effective e-mail management, organization, and prioritization (featuring live and newly updated demos in popular programs like Outlook and Gmail) that have helped thousands of business professionals regain control and sanity with their e-mail activities (one university client even found that the average attendee saved more than 2 hours per week by taking this program!) Enhance your efficiency today and walk away with immediately usable tips and techniques!
- Understand the nature of e-mail & information overload in today's workplace
- Have a strategy for “splitting” work, personal, and junk/spam e-mails for greater efficiency
- Use a very simple “rule” for managing all incoming e-mail that allows for both greater speed and prioritization of those messages and embedded tasks
- Learn how to convert e-mails quickly into tasks, contacts, and calendar items
- Use embedded functions inside of your e-mail that allow you to “automate” certain common activities/messages
- Greatly reduce distraction by setting up special notifiers and adjusting internal settings in both Outlook & Gmail
- Build a personal file “infrastructure” that can assist in achieving greater organization and possibly even “e-mail ZERO”!